Still not sure if you need a social media strategy? Not understanding Twitter is no excuse for your business not to be on it; becoming a part of the dialogue and establishing a relationship based on friendship with your consumers is absolutely crucial to your success in the fierce competition of the internet marketplace.
- Facebook has over 500 million users worldwide, translating to 1 out of 13 people on earth.
- Of those 500 million, over half check in every day.
- 48% of the crucial demographic of 18 to 34 years of age check Facebook immediately after waking up; 28% of those check Facebook from the smart phones before they get out of bed
- The 35 years and over group represents 30% of the entire Facebook user base.
- There are over 206 million internet users in the United States, which means more than 71% use Facebook.
- There more than 175 million registered Twitter accounts. There 460,000 Twitter accounts opened each day.
- There is an average 140 million tweets sent each day.
- It takes approximately 1 week for 1 billion tweets to be sent out.
- There was an increase of 182% in the number of Twitter users in the past year.
- Kim Kardashian was paid $25,000 for tweeting that she really liked her new Calvin Klein jeans.
- There are over 101 million world wide users of LinkedIn, 45% in the United States.
- The 18 to 35 year old group account for 56% of all users.
- LinkedIn is mostly used by professional for business contacts rather than for social purposes. Hi-Tech, Finance and Medical are the leading industries that utilize LinkedIn. Sales people tend to use this resource the most.